Strictly Limited Games, in partnership with QUByte Interactive & Piko Interactive are excited to announce that the iconic ’90s 16-bit shooter Zero Tolerance will receive an exclusive, limited physical release. This 2.5D first person shooter set in a distant alien-infiltrated future celebrates its comeback with some very special editions including not only awesome never before published game content but also exclusive physical collectibles.
Retro cartridges of Zero Tolerance Origins, compatible with Sega® Mega Drive / Sega® Genesis and also the Zero Tolerance Collection for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4, as a boxed Limited Edition and Special Limited Edition, will be available for pre-order starting on Sunday, April 24th, at 12 AM CEST (midnight), only at Strictly Limited Games.
Never before published sequel
Zero Tolerance Origins on retro cartridges will come with the original game Zero Tolerance and the never released sequel Zero Tolerance Underground, which starts right where the first part ends.
The Zero Tolerance Collection for modern consoles combines Zero Tolerance, Zero Tolerance Underground and the unlockable prototype of Beyond Zero Tolerance to an ultimate compilation of 16-bit shooter action!
About the game:
First released in 1994 for Sega® Mega Drive / Sega® Genesis, Zero Tolerance sets players in a distant future where the universe has to face an alien invasion. That’s when the Zero Tolerance team is being called to protect mankind from the enemy!
- Fight back the aliens’ attack on the spaceship Europe-1 and repel their invasion on earth in Zero Tolerance.
- Hunt down the invaders on a subway mission in the never before released sequel Zero Tolerance Underground.
- Play through Zero Tolerance or Zero Tolerance Underground to unlock the prototype of Beyond Zero Tolerance where you defeat the alien enemies on their home planet (only in Zero Tolerance Collection)
- Start Zero Tolerance with one of five characters to choose from – each with own individual attributes
- Collect laser guns, mines, a flamethrower and more to complete your versatile weapon arsenal
- Master several colourful and complex levels spanning over different main areas
- Choose your way to play! Kill all the enemies to enable checkpoints or rush through the levels if you want the thrill
- Including the never before released sequel Zero Tolerance Underground
- Including an unlockable prototype of Beyond Zero Tolerance (only in Zero Tolerance Collection)
Strictly Limited Editions:
Strictly Limited Games is giving Zero Tolerance the boxed legacy it deserves, with unique limited editions, available for pre-order exclusively via the Strictly Limited Games online shop.
The Zero Tolerance Collection – Limited Edition is limited to 3,000 copies for Nintendo Switch and 1,200 for PlayStation 4, at a price of 29.99€ / $34.99, including a colourful game manual.
The Zero Tolerance Collection – Special Limited Edition is limited to 2,000 copies for Nintendo Switch and 800 for PlayStation 4, for 49.99€ / $55.99, including lots of additional collectibles:
- Special Limited Edition Box
- Game for Nintendo Switch or PS4
- Colourful Game Manual
- 2 reversible Posters (DIN A3)
- 3 Logo Stickers
- Postcard Set
- Cardboard Standee
- Soundtrack CD
- Game Flyer (DIN A6)
The retro cartridges of Zero Tolerance Origins will be limited to 1,500 cartridges compatible with Sega® Mega Drive and 1,500 cartridges compatible with Sega® Genesis, each available for 49.99€ / $55.99 including a colourful game manual.
For more information please visit Strictly Limited‘s website.
Make sure you stick with Any Button Gaming for the latest gaming news, reviews, and features uploaded daily.
Fancy being social? We’re on Facebook and Twitter. Or if videos are more your thing, why not subscribe to our YouTube channel? We have a number of Let’s Plays, Reviews, and Lists for your entertainment. Alternatively, we are live on Twitch most weeknights. Follow the link to find out more.
And if you want to show your allegiance to ABG, you’ll be happy to know we have our own merch! All proceeds go to help fund the site!