2K today announced that WWE® 2K19, the newest addition to the flagship WWE video game franchise, is now available worldwide to Early Access customers for the PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Xbox One X and Windows PC.
“With a ‘Never Say Never’ campaign tagline, we wanted to push the boundaries of game development for WWE 2K19 but also bring innovative storytelling and genuine fun back to the forefront of everything we offer our passionate fans,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “We’re thrilled to offer our largest roster to date; the return of 2K Showcase featuring WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan; the debut of WWE Towers and fun match settings like Big Head and Block Body; a wide variety of gameplay additions and improvements; as well as best-in-class creation tools and a brand new MyCAREER narrative. There’s truly something for everyone in WWE 2K19.”
WWE 2K19 feature highlights include:
- Gameplay Improvements & Match Types: Featuring numerous gameplay improvements, WWE 2K19 includes a revamped striking system, improved AI and introduction of the Payback System, a multi-tiered and defensive-based gameplay mechanic used to help turn match momentum and add to in-ring drama. In addition, the game’s frame rate, overall responsiveness and animations are vastly improved and tighten up the in-ring action. WWE 2K19 also introduces five-person match type variations, a re-envisioned Hell in a Cell match and major improvements to both Steel Cage and Money in the Bank matches.
- Renewed Focus on Fun: More responsive gameplay, faster action, dynamic momentum swings, new moves and game modes – combined with deeper storytelling, plot twists and turns, alternate universes and much more – make for the most engaging WWE 2K game in years. In addition, two significant gameplay enhancements – Big Head and Block Body – add a whole new dimension and fun to the franchise.
- WWE 2K19 Million Dollar Challenge: In a contest sponsored by 2K, consumers can participate on the PS4™ system or Xbox One through four steps:
- Beat the AJ Styles Million Dollar Tower in the game;
- Submit a winning promotional video showing why they will beat AJ Styles in WWE 2K19;
- Make it to the semifinal round of competition and beat the other semifinalists;
- Compete one-on-one against AJ Styles in WWE 2K19 and defeat him to win one million dollars.
- For Official Rules, go to wwe.2k.com/milliondollarchallenge/rules
- Showcase Mode – The Return of Daniel Bryan: Relive the incredible journey of WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan – from his career-defining moment in the main event of WrestleMania 30 to his heartbreaking retirement to his triumphant return in 2018 – all told through personal vignettes. “The Return of Daniel Bryan” features 11 historical matches, story-driven cut scenes and multiple unlockable characters and arenas from throughout his WWE career.
- Massive Playable Roster: Offering more than 200 playable characters, the WWE 2K19roster is the biggest yet and loaded with WWE, NXT and 205 Live Superstars, as well as WWE Legends and Hall of Famers. Players can compete with current WWE Superstars such as AJ Styles, Brock Lesnar, Seth Rollins, Braun Strowman or Shinsuke Nakamura; rising NXT stars like Aleister Black, Johnny Gargano, Velveteen Dream and Undisputed Era; as well as WWE Legends like Stone Cold Steve Austin, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, André the Giant and more.
- “Rowdy” Ronda Rousey and Rey Mysterio: Consumers who pre-ordered WWE 2K19 or who purchase the Deluxe Edition at any participating retailer received playable characters of WWE Raw Women’s Champion “Rowdy” Ronda Rousey and former WWE Champion Rey Mysterio at no extra cost:
- Ronda Rousey: WrestleMania 34/Roddy Piper-inspired character.
- Rey Mysterio: Royal Rumble 2018 character.
- MyCAREER: For the first time in WWE 2K history, MyCAREER mirrors the path of many current WWE Superstars by starting a created MyPLAYER on the independent wrestling scene and trying to make it to WWE. This year’s fully revamped experience features more than 1,000 lines of voiceover from 26 different WWE Superstars and across 200 cut scenes. In addition, the mode delivers approximately 12 hours of playing time, including brand new environments and arenas that bring another layer of authenticity to the mode.
- New Mode – WWE Towers: Take a WWE Superstar or created MyPLAYER into one of 20 different towers, each with a unique gauntlet of matches that boasts different challenges, match stipulations and player modifications.
- Creation Suite: Containing many new additions and improvements, the WWE 2K19 Creation Suite includes the new ability to design custom Money in the Bank briefcases, as well as changes in Create-a-Superstar, Create-an-Arena, Create-a-Championship and more.
- Universe Mode: The mode continues its expansion on previous years, including improvements to the Championship system, where the number of championship slots per show has increased from four to six; the addition of Superstar Save Profiles; support for both Managers and Custom Matches; and new promo animations. In addition, players can now assign Money in the Bank matches to show schedules or create their own custom Money in the Bank scenarios.
- Soundtrack: Executive produced and personally curated by several WWE Superstars as a special gift to the WWE Universe, WWE 2K19’s soundtrack features 12 unique songs across hip-hop, hard rock, heavy metal and alternative/indie rock that represent many of the Superstars’ favorites when preparing for a match, on the road, in the gym or relaxing at home, including:
- AWOLNATION – “Passion” Selected by WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan.
- Bullet for My Valentine – “Skin” Selected by WWE Superstar The Miz.
- Eminem – “Survival” Selected by WWE 2K19 cover Superstar AJ Styles.
- Fall Out Boy – “Champion” Selected by WWE Superstar Alexa Bliss.
- Metallica – “Spit Out the Bone” Selected by WWE Superstar Triple H.
- Migos – “Work Hard” Selected by WWE Superstar Samoa Joe.
- Offset and Metro Boomin – “Ric Flair Drip” Selected by WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair and WWE Superstar Charlotte Flair.
- Post Malone feat. 21 Savage – “Rockstar” Selected by WWE Superstar Elias.
- Rancid – “The 11th Hour” Selected by WWE Superstar Sami Zayn.
- Shinedown – “DEVIL” Selected by WWE Superstar Baron Corbin.
- Slipknot – “Override” Selected by WWE Superstar Seth Rollins.
- Wale – “Ungrateful & Thankful” Selected by WWE Superstars The New Day.
Downloadable Content: WWE 2K19 downloadable content offerings are scheduled to include the following items and be available for purchase on the PlayStation™Network, Xbox Live and Steam:
- Players will gain access to all unlockable content available at launch in the game’s VC Purchasable section (excluding downloadable content)
- Players can also decide the overall rankings and attribute levels for all playable characters throughout the life of the product
- The Accelerator will be available for $/£/€4.99
- Players will gain access to unlock and boost MyPLAYER ratings and attributes made available at launch as part of the game’s MyCAREER mode
- Players can also unlock all clothing made available at launch that provides attribute boosts in MyCAREER
- MyPLAYER KickStart will be available for $/£/€9.99
New Moves Pack
- Explore more than 50 in-game moves, including the Atomic Drop into Double Leg Combo (made popular by WWE Superstar Jeff Hardy); the Exploder vs. Opponent on the Apron (made popular by NXT Superstar Tyler Bate); the Slingshot X-Factor (made popular by 205 Live Superstar Mustafa Ali); and the Assisted Twist of Fate, Avalanche Splash & Side Effect Combo and the Senton & Leg Drop Combo (made popular by WWE Superstars Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt)
- The New Moves Pack will be available for $/£/€3.99
Rising Stars Pack
- Playable WWE, NXT and 205 Live Superstars: Candice LeRae, Dakota Kai, Lacey Evans, Lio Rush, Maria Kanellis, Mike Kanellis and Ricochet
- The Rising Stars Pack will be available for $/£/€9.99
- Playable WWE and NXT Superstars: Bobby Lashley, EC3 and War Raiders (Rowe and Hanson)
- The Titans Pack will be available for $/£/€9.99
Season Pass: Players may purchase select WWE 2K19 downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game’s Season Pass. For $/£/€29.99, a savings of more than 20% versus individual content purchases, players will receive the above items as they become available.
As always, don’t forget to like and join our Facebook Page/Group, and follow us on Twitter to stay up to date with all of the latest News, Blogs, and more. And if that’s not enough, why not follow us on Twitch or Instagram as well.