One of the all-time best-selling video game franchises is getting a new version courtesy of Red Bull Mind Games. The brand-new website will launch TETRIS M1ND BEND3R. The new, free-to-play game, will lead Red Bull’s charge on mentally challenging games and more.
M1ND BEND3R blends the much-loved TETRIS gameplay we all know and love with mind-bending twists. It will test players in ways never seen before. When players clear lines that include a flashing Mino (i.e. a single block), they activate a M1ND BEND3R item. These items will literally change the game. From switching the pace of gameplay and making Minos fade away to making entire groups of Minos twist from one side to the other, you’ve never played TETRIS like this before.
Matthew Radmanovich of Red Bull Mind Gamers said;
“We couldn’t be more excited to have TETRIS M1ND BEND3R as part of the games we have on Red Bull Mind Gamers. The famous falling Tetriminos, the soundtrack, it’s all recognisable. But when the M1ND BEND3Rs hit, they snap you out of your comfort zone mid-game and make you think differently”.
“Red Bull Mind Gamers is all about challenging the brain and sharpening your wits. It’s about creative thinking and giving your mind a complete ‘workout’, but it’s also about having fun doing it. This is why having TETRIS as part of this is such a perfect partnership”.
A Mix of Some of the Brightest Minds
The Red Bull Mind Gamers site offers a wide collection of games. It also offers monthly challenges plus a test to determine the kind of Mind Gamer players are. Every game addresses a different facet of thinking across visual, logical, musical, creative, memory and strategy skills. Games have been created with some of the sharpest thinkers and most ingenious game makers on the planet. Including representatives from the Massachusetts Institute for Technology to Rubik’s® and independent game developers like Lost in the Garden and OK Bye. The concept was the brainchild of Vienna based Playful Solutions.
Players can log in and register to compete against other Mind Gamers from all over the world and take part in new challenges every month. Players who enter all the challenges, including a final Red Bull Mind Gamers challenge, can compete to become one of seven global winners. In 2020, these ‘Ultimate Mind Gamers’ will be taken on a trip to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Cambridge, USA, to take part in the Red Bull Discovery Lab.
TETRIS® M1ND BEND3R Features:
Traditional TETRIS gameplay with a new mind-bending twist that will test players in ways never before seen.
- Activate M1ND BEND3R items by clearing lines which contain a flashing Mino.
- When activated, M1ND BEND3R items will introduce a wide variety of game-changing elements designed to challenge players in unique ways.
- M1ND BEND3R items include:
- BLUR – Minos inside the Matrix will fade away in a mesmerising wave pattern
- EROSION – Random Minos will disappear from within the Matrix
- FISSION – Groups of Minos on each row will split and move to the outer walls of the Matrix
- FUSION – Minos on each row will fuse together at the center of the Matrix
- INVASION – New rows of Minos appear from the bottom of the Matrix
- SHIFT – Minos on each row will neatly shift to the left or right side of the Matrix
- SLOW DOWN – The speed of falling Tetriminos will temporarily decrease
- SPEED UP – The speed of falling Tetriminos will temporarily increase
- TURN – Entire groups of Minos turn upside down in the Matrix
- TWIST – Entire groups of Minos twist from one side of the Matrix to the other
- Activating M1ND BEND3R items continuously will increase the multiplier which is key to earning a larger score.
- If the stack of Tetriminos reaches the top of the Matrix, the game is over!
For more information on TETRIS M1ND BEND3RS or the Red Bull Mind Gamers site in general, check out mindgamers.redbull.com. And be sure to keep it with Any Button Gaming for the latest gaming news from across the globe.
ABG’s Senior Editor (News), YouTube content creator/streamer.