The announcement comes with a brand new Trailer, revealed today.
Escape Simulator is a first-person escape room experience from puzzle-game veterans, Pine Studio (Cats in Time, Birdcage). Playing solo or via online co-op, players must puzzle their way through a quirky collection of interactive escape rooms, putting their wits (and teamwork) to the test!
Think you have what it takes to escape? Face ingenuous locks in ancient Egypt. Hack the system in an adrift space shuttle. Decipher mysterious notes in the oddball Victorian library of Edgewood Mansion. Play online with pals for double the fun. Or brave the mysteries alone, with nothing but your smarts to aid you.
Escape Simulator also launches with an escape room level editor. Steam Workshop integration puts power in the hands of the players, allowing the community to design & share their very own escape rooms and collectively build the ultimate library of challenges to choose from.
We’re so pumped to see what players create with our level-editor. We’re doing something we don’t think’s ever been done before, and we’re sure the community’s gonna blow us away with their ingenuity! The ultimate moment for us will be getting stuck in our own game – thwarted by a player who’s custom-made room is way smarter than us. That’ll be pretty neat.Tomislav Podhraški – Project Lead
- Solve puzzles ?Face15 interactive escape rooms, spread across three weird and wonderful location-packs: “Labyrinth of Egypt”, “Adrift in Space” & “Edgewood Mansion”.
- Team up with friends ? Every Escape Simulator roomsupports online co-op, and are designed to be best played by 1-3 players. Join forces with friends to test your teamwork & tackle puzzles together. Two heads are better than one!
- Powered by the community ? Use our level-editor to build your very own *dream* escape room. Or dive into a whole world of unique custom-rooms, built by our wonderful community.
- Dress to impress ✨Customise your character & don a series of themed outfits, tailor-made for each puzzle environment.
- Cause chaos! ?Smash vases. Rearrange the furniture. Make a mess! If it’s not nailed down, you can pick it up (and inevitably throw it at your friends)
Escape Simulator launches on Steam, October 19th. A free demo is available now.
Make sure you stick with Any Button Gaming for the latest gaming news, reviews, and features from around the world.
And if you want to show your allegiance to ABG, you’ll be happy to know we have our own merch! All proceeds go to helping fund the site.
Gamer, dad and supporter of @SpecialEffect Charity. Dark Souls fan and gooner!