ORX is a new take on the well-known tower defence genre, blending mechanics of popular deck building and tabletop games to create a truly unique experience developed by John Bell and published by Critical Reflex.
ORX is quite a unique blend of strategy subsets and mechanics as it mixes elements of city-builder games, survival and tower defence. Not to mention a dash of roguelike meta-game features to top it off. Players will place tessellating tiles on a map from a deck of cards to create roads, villages, castles, guard posts, and various support structures. To help keep the rampaging titular orx from reaching the central castle and ensuring your demise.
The roguelike systems primarily centre around deck-building and completing dedicated mission challenges, which will grant players additional cards and options to work within any given run.
- 300+ Cards – experiment with the cards available, and unlock new ones to build the perfect deck!
- 4 Factions, each with their own set of cards and tactics
- A roguelike-style Campaign, featuring 3 Acts, all with their distinct biomes, day/night and season cycles!
- Over 30 types of enemies, all chomping at the bit to burn your castle to the ground! From simple, yet nasty grunts to ORX Heroes, all equipped with unique abilities – there’s plenty of danger coming your way!
- An advanced difficulty mode, available to those who’ve mastered the Campaign – put your tactical skills to the ultimate test!
Take Carcassonne, one of the most well-known tabletop games in the world, mix it with the ever-popular tower defence gameplay, and add the unpredictability of Slay The Spire’s deckbuilding roguelike mechanics – and you’ll get ORX!
The game will release at some point in 2022 on PC. Want to test the game out before its full release, there is a demo available on Steam. It is one of the amazing games to feature at this years Guerrilla Collective so make sure you bookmark Any Button Gaming for all the news from this event and more.
Make sure you stick with Any Button Gaming for the latest gaming news, reviews, and features from around the world.
And if you want to show your allegiance to ABG, you’ll be happy to know we have our own merch! All proceeds go to helping fund the site.