Developer Jankenteam and publisher Merge Games have announced that Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX, the new remake of the original SEGA Master System, will be releasing on June 24th for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
The original Alex Kidd debuted on the Master System back in 1986. It charted the adventures of the titular martial artist as he set off to rescue King Thunder’s son.
Like the original, the game will involve guiding Alex through sidescrolling platforming levels before taking on the game’s bosses in rock, paper, scissors matches.
Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX Launch Date Reveal Trailer
The Key features of the soon to be released game are:
- A Legend Reborn. Dive into a stunning recreation of Alex Kidd in Miracle World with striking new art and tighter, more fluid controls.
- New Modes. These include ‘Classic Mode’ and ‘Boss Rush Mode’ will be available for players alongside the standard game.
- New Levels – Experience new levels which expand the lore of the original.
- Alternative Boss Fights – New and improved boss fight mechanics with more intuitive combat
- Classic Mode. Experience the original game with boss fights, dialogue, levels and functions remain true to the original Master System version.
- New and remastered music. A wide array of reimagined music tracks as well as remastered tracks from the original classic game!
Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX will be released on PC, PlayStation, Xbox and Switch on 24th June.
Make sure you stick with Any Button Gaming for the latest gaming news, reviews, and features from around the world.
And if you want to show your allegiance to ABG, you’ll be happy to know we have our own merch! All proceeds go to helping fund the site.