Razor Edge Games, an independent gaming studio with artists and gamers from around the world, is announcing the pre-alpha demo release of their first production Eden Falling — a turn-based sci-fi survival RPG that finally brings the tabletop gaming experience into the digital world.
The demo will be part of Steam’s Summer NEXT FEST, a showcase of upcoming games. It will be available for download on Eden Falling’s Steam page from June 16th at 10 AM Pacific Time to June 22nd at 10 AM Pacific Time. Demo players are encouraged to give their feedback on this early version of the game.
Welcome to Eden Falling…
You are a survivor, chosen by a mysterious benefactor to travel and explore the unforgiving wastelands. Explore alone or with friends, shape your destiny and create your legend.
Will you make your mark on the world or will you just be a mark?
It’s up to you— In the gritty hardtack world of Eden Falling, choices matter. Your game world will change, depending on how you answer questions, travel the lands, and which linear quests you choose to take on– or forego.
Craft high-tech weapons and gear, take on contracts to protect the locals from violent marauders, hunt terrifying ferals (mutated humans), and navigate the merciless politics of a savage new Earth. With seven distinctive factions to garner reputation and infamy among, opportunities for intrigue abound.
As you pass on your experience to the next generation through your companions and offspring, the world you’ve helped create continues to grow and change. Each game will be a rollercoaster of emotions and an adventure you can share with others in the community.
Step into the world of Eden Falling and discover if you have what it takes to survive in a fallen world.
- Everchanging World – The world of Eden Falling is always changing and evolving. No two games will ever be the same.
- Destiny Points – Earn the chance to change your fate and have your legacy carried on.
- Perma-Death – When you die, it’s game over forever for that character, but if you play your points right, perhaps a companion or an offspring can carry on your legacy
- Companion System – Followers will learn, develop skills, and may be playable upon character’s death, that is, if they stick around…
- Character Aging – Abilities and skills deteriorate as the character visibly ages. Just like life, everything fades with time.
- Customize – Characters, clothing, equipment, weapons, and vehicles are all highly customizable, because no two gamers are the same and their gear shouldn’t be either.
- Usage-Based Skill System – Skills remain sharp with frequent use, degradation occurs from neglect. So keep up, and keep sharp.
- Single Player, Local Multiplayer, and Online Multiplayer. Play how you desire in Eden Falling.
- Reputation – Obtain companions, influence Factions, commerce, and players can even build a unique faction of their own design. Reputation is everything.
- Turn-Based Combat – With cinematic camera and companion control.
- PvE and PvP Combat.
- Massive world – With over 30,000 locations to explore and a day-night cycle. Play how you want, where you want, when you want.
Our mission at Razor Edge Games is to bring cutting-edge RPGs to the digital world.Mike Weiser CEO
Join the AfterFall and choose your faction allegiance for the latest news and developments:
Fancy being social? We’re on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Or if videos and/or podcasts are more your thing, why not subscribe to our YouTube and Twitch channels and track us down on Spotify. And if you wanna show your allegiance to ABG, you’ll be happy to know we have our own merch! All proceeds go to helping fund the site.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Gamer, dad and supporter of @SpecialEffect Charity. Dark Souls fan and gooner!