Indie game studio Serious Bros. today announced the console release date for their environmentally conscious strategy sim Imagine Earth, which launched on PC last month to a positive reception from fans and critics. The game will arrive on Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One on 9th July.
In Imagine Earth, players must protect and nurture a fledgling space colony while wrestling against the looming threat of climate change. Supply resources and energy, establish trade, research new technologies, form alliances and wage economic warfare in a real-time battle for sustainable survival.
The game, which entered early access in May 2014, kept growing with updates available almost every month until its final release last month. The final launch update has been one of the biggest to date and will be included in the console versions; additions include the ‘World Congress’ in freeplay and endless mode – a democratic allegiance containing every faction on the planet, brought together by the threat of a climate crisis and environmental collapse.
- Carbon footprint: Earth has been destroyed by ecological collapse – will your new home go the same way? Keep your worldwide emissions to a minimum, or else suffer rising sea levels, freak weather events, and more.
- Boldly Go: Imagine Earth is a real-time planet simulation and a build up strategy game. Your job as a space colony manager is to explore distant planets, build up profitable colonies, and trade resources into space.
- Many ways to play: A multi-planet story campaign, ‘competition’ mode with five enemy factions, ‘endless’ mode with endless procedurally generated challenges, and a Planet Editor with custom building and terraforming.
- Hold the line: Use tower defence mechanics to protect your colony from invading aliens, marauding space pirates, and swarms of locusts.
- Hostile takeover: Form alliances with other colonies and intergalactic traders, trade shares or wage crafty economic warfare to secure total financial dominance for your planet.
‘It was definitely scary, releasing our game into the wild after all this time,’ says developer Jens Isensee. ‘But the response to the PC release has been amazing. I’m so excited to see Imagine Earth hit the Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One!’
Fancy being social? We’re on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Or if videos and/or podcasts are more your thing, why not subscribe to our YouTube and Twitch channels and track us down on Spotify. And if you wanna show your allegiance to ABG, you’ll be happy to know we have our own merch! All proceeds go to helping fund the site.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!