PlayStation poster boy Guerrilla‘s latest game has now been out for over a week. Horizon Forbidden West takes Aloy on her latest adventure to, err, the forbidden west and so far reviews have been pretty good. Averaging 88 out of 100 on Metacritic, fans seem more than happy with what undoubtedly looks like a worthy sequel to 2017’s exception Horizon Zero Dawn.
But of course, this is 2022 and we live in a world of day one patches and unfinished games shipping on release. Whilst this isn’t exactly the case for Horizon Forbidden West, it has not been without its issues. Widely collated on social media platform Reddit, bugs have ranged from mildly graphical glitching to full-on game-breaking, PS5 resetting, soft bricking.
The good news is that the lovely folk at Guerrilla have indeed been listening. Its response is the first patch for the game, version 1.05 which in its own words “fixes a number of issues and crashes [reported by the community]”. Full detail on exactly what is tackled in the patch is detailed below, taken directly from Guerrilla’s Reddit post.
We are currently looking into several issues reported by the community:
- The team is investigating with high priority, several graphical issues reported by players regarding shimmering, sharpening and screen saturation when moving the camera.
- Some players are experiencing an issue with infinite loading screens when attempting to load into Melee Pits.
- Players are experiencing an issue where Aloy’s outfit appears blurry in Photo Mode.
- Some players are experiencing an issue in main quest ‘Reach for the Stars’ where Aloy can’t interact with a machine carcass, blocking progression.
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Reach for the Stars’ where reloading a certain auto-save after completing the first quest could block progression.
- Solved an issue during interlude ‘The Eye of the Earth’ where Aloy could fall out of the world after skipping a cinematic.
- Fixed an issue in main quest ‘Cradle of Echoes’ where Varl would wander off on a reload from save.
- Fixed an issue in main quest ‘The Sea of Sands’ affecting several grapple points.
Side Quests and Errands
- Fixed an issue in side quest ‘Blood Choke’ where Atekka would appear to fall out of the sky.
- Solved a progression issue in side quest ‘In The Fog’ related to fast travel during the quest.
- Fixed an issue in errand quest ‘Night of Lights’ where a pullable box could get stuck and block the quest progression.
- Fixed an issue where Relic Ruin: The Daunt could not be started in certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue in salvage contract The Greenswell: Plowhorn and the Plants where an optional objective could not be completed if the required item was sent to the player stash.
- A rogue Tallneck near The Stand of the Sentinels that would sometimes change the direction of its route has been disciplined.
- The Second Chance skill should now work correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the camera had an unintended position when using certain weapon techniques.
- Image oversharpening in HDR mode has been corrected.
- Fixed an issue where some settlements would stream in, then stream out in certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where the HUD would flicker when the player performs a loot action.
- Solved an issue where rapidly opening and closing the map could cause graphical anomalies.
- Fixed an issue where Aloy’s animation would sometimes jitter rapidly when climbing after picking up a plant has been fixed.
- Fixed a global issue where the direction of Aloy’s gaze, or that of certain NPCs, was incorrect.
- Solved several instances where Aloy, NPCs or enemies could get stuck in geometry.
- Fixed an issue where roads and icons on the map would sometimes appear with a delay.
- Fixed several streaming issues and unintended loading screens.
- NPCs that seemed to suffer from insomnia and would gather in large groups at night in settlements should act more naturally now.
- Petra will no longer teleport into her seat inside the Chainscrape brewery if followed immediately after the initial conversation with her.
- Fixed several crashes.
- Various performance improvements.
- Various other minor fixes and cosmetic improvements.
Guerilla finishes the post by inviting all Horizon Forbidden West players to continue to report any bugs they encounter. Players can do this using the developer’s dedicated support forum.
Have you had any experience with bugs in Horizon Forbidden West? Let us know in the comments below.
Make sure you stick with Any Button Gaming for the latest gaming news, reviews, and features uploaded daily.
Fancy being social? We’re on Facebook and Twitter. Or if videos are more your thing, why not subscribe to our YouTube channel? We have a number of Let’s Plays, Reviews, and Lists for your entertainment. Alternatively, we are live on Twitch most weeknights. Follow the link to find out more.
And if you want to show your allegiance to ABG, you’ll be happy to know we have our own merch! All proceeds go to help fund the site!