After the phenomenal success of Pokémon GO, developer Niantic announced in 2017 their next project that will give Harry Potter fans a new reason to get caught up on all their Defense Against The Dark Arts homework. A new Augmented Reality game designed around the Harry Potter franchise appropriately named; Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, has been under development.
The question on every Harry Potter fans mind about this new game is most likely; “Will it live up to the hype?” Well, here is a list of what we know so far.
- Partnered with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and WB Games San Francisco’s development team, Niantic will create Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
- Along with Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Port Key Games has added Wizards Unite to their games catalog.
- During an interview from the FT with John Hanke, Wizards Unite being scheduled to release in the second half of 2018 was revealed.
- The Wizards Unite website mentions features such as the ability to “discover mysterious artifacts, learn to cast spells, find legendary beasts and iconic characters”.
- The ability to sign up for their newsletter for future updates and news.
- At a Tech Crunch presentation, Niantic CTO Phil Keslin mentioned a new game they are working on, incorporating sound cues.
Any Button Gaming will update periodically as further information presents itself.
And for you visual entertainment, we present to you, the Harry Potter GO/Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Trailer.
As always, don’t forget to like and join our Facebook Page/Group, and follow us on Twitter to stay up to date with all of the latest News, Blogs, and more. And if that’s not enough, why not follow us on Twitch or Instagram as well.