F1® 2020 is the official video game of the 2020 Formula 1 and Formula 2 Championships which is developed and published by Codemasters. and it releases this week.
It is the thirteenth title in the Formula 1 series developed by Codemasters and will be released on 7th July 2020 for pre-orders of the Schumacher Edition and 10 July 2020 for the regular edition on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Stadia. It features all twenty-two circuits, twenty drivers and ten teams present in the 2020 Formula 1 World Championship.
F1® 2020 is reported to be the most comprehensive F1® game so far. It puts players in the driving seat as they race against the best drivers in the world.
For the first time, players can create their own F1® team by creating a character (a driver), then choosing a sponsor, an engine supplier, hiring a teammate and competing as the 11th team on the grid. Build facilities, develop the team and race your way to the top.
F1® 2019 had Ayrton vs Prost limited edition and this year it will be Micheal Schumacher with some brand new cars to drive. The Schumacher cars that will be introduced are:
Jordan 191, Benetton B194, Benetton B195 and the Ferrari F1-2000.
In addition to the above the game will also feature:
- The ability to customise your 10-year career mode, with a choice of F2™ Championship introduction options and season lengths to allow for multiple seasons career.
- Split-screen racing, a new steering assist and a more accessible race experience so you can play with friends, regardless of your skill level.
- Two new races: Hanoi Circuit (Vietnamese Grand Prix) and Circuit Zandvoort (Dutch Grand Prix)
- Career mode updates: You will now be able to customise your 10 season career from choosing to do F2™, to doing less races in F1® to shorten the championships or just pick your favourite races. This in theory should make the career mode more flexible.
- Podium Pass is new to F1®2020 and will allow you to unlock cosmetic items. These items will include: liveries, race suits and celebration animations. A VIP Podium Pass can also be purchased
A further DLC is planned to celebrate the sport’s seventieth anniversary.
If you want to test out your racing skills against some of the world’s best drivers then F1® 2020 is availabe to buy on the 10th July 2020 and if you go for the Deluxe Schumacher version, you’ll get three days early access, so you will need to be fast out of the starting blocks to take advantage of this.
Make sure you stick with Any Button Gaming for the latest gaming news, reviews, and features from around the world.