Embracer Group [fka THQ Nordic, ffka Nordic Games Publishing] has recently gone around acquiring a huge haul of studios and a PR firm.
Previously, the studio had only five major subsidiaries, with THQ Nordic and Koch Media being amongst the most familiar.
However, Embracer now also owns the following;
- 34BigThings, Italy – 28 employees
- Coffee Stain North, Sweden – 22 employees [Embracer also previously acquired Coffee Stain Holding]
- Flying Wild Hog, Poland – 260 employees
- IUGO Mobile Entertainment, Canada – 86 employees
- Mad Head Games, Serbia – 130 employees
- Nimble Giant Entertainment, Argentina – 75 employees
- Purple Lamp Studios, Austria – 38 employees
- Quantic Lab, Romania – 390 employees – PR firm
- Silent Games, England – 30 employees
- Snapshot Games, Bulgaria – 65 employees
- A Thinking Ape Entertainment, Canada – 82 employees
- Zen Studios, Hungary – 82 employees
This will help Embracer Group, as it currently has a proclaimed 135 game projects in the works currently. This includes 69 unannounced titles. Surely, if you [somehow] haven’t got any Embracer/THQ Nordic games in your collection, you will have before too long.