Double Stadia News – Google Promises (Timed) Exclusives & Mobile Downloads Down

Double Stadia News – Google Promises (Timed) Exclusives & Mobile Downloads Down

Anyone would think I like covering news about Google Stadia. So much so, in fact, that I’ve got a double whammy for you all this time around.

First off, we have news that Google has promised to bring more than 10 timed-exclusives to their Stadia platform. This is supposedly to be before July 2020. You can check out the quote here;

“We have a lot more planned and will continue to work hard toward delighting gamers with our vision for Stadia.

Looking at our upcoming lineup, we are tracking more than 120 games coming to Stadia in 2020, and are targeting more than ten games in the first half of this year alone that will be only available on Stadia when they launch.

We’re working with our partners to share more on those games soon”.

However, the StadiaTeam forum poster failed to name any of these exclusives. With some 120 games to hit the streaming service within the next 12 months, it could be a fruitful time for Google.

Of course, the platform would have to get over the troubles that have plagued it, almost since launch. And speaking of problems…

Love Me Two Times

It seems Google has hit a bit of a brick wall in terms of mobile downloads of the service. Pocketgamer.biz has reported that mobile downloads have reduced by half since Stadia’s November launch.

Taking information from Sensor Tower data, in the period from 5th November 2019 to 13th January 2020, Stadia’s mobile app accumulated 550,000 installs.

Of those 550,000, 383,000 were from November alone. This means that the rate of mobile installation only increased by 43.6% since then.

To break this down further, Google Play figures were around 409,000, or roughly 74% of the overall total. The remaining 26% (or 141,000 installs) were from the App Store.

I suppose this makes sense, however, as Stadia and Google Play are obviously both products of Google. And only the Android app currently supports game streaming direct to mobile. The iOS app is used purely for managing a player’s Stadia account.

Downloads by geography place America at the highest with 249,000 coming from the States. Germany and France came in next with 54,000 and 53,000 downloads each. The UK and Canada each only had 43,000 downloads.


Make sure you stick with Any Button Gaming for the latest gaming news and features from around the world. And, to hear more of our latest updates, why not follow us on social media? We’re on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram.

Google Stadia News