Canadian developer and publisher Digital Extremes released huge news at this years TennoCon, its third annual Warframe® convention. During “TennoLive”, Digital Extremes unveiled its official partnership with developer Panic Button to bring Warframe to Nintendo Switch.
Intent on satisfying the growing demand for Warframe’s free-to-play cooperative online action, Digital Extremes also announced the epic update Plains of Eidolon with the sweeping open-world Venus expansion Fortuna, and doubled down with news of a dynamic new future update that launches players seamlessly into space for tactical ship-to-ship battles.
Key Features in Fortuna Include:
- The Orb Vallis, The New Open World – Building on the success of Plains of Eidolon’s earthen Landscape, The Orb Vallis is Digital Extremes’ massive new Landscape. Volatile, mercurial clouds of blue and orange loom over a sci-fi terrain populated with seascape flora, giant mushrooms, alien rock formations, rare creatures, and more.
- Solaris United and Fortuna – The cyborg Faction Solaris United live in the Blade-Runner-esque Debt-Internment Colony, Fortuna. Similar to the gathering bazaars of Cetus in Plains of Eidolon, Fortuna is an underground hub city that serves as a factory to clean coolant rivers and doubles as a trading hub for the region.
- New Combat Experiences – The Corpus occupiers, led by the profit-obsessed Nef Anyo, bring new technology and warriors to bear. Alongside new Corpus ground troop variants, monstrous new Spider Bot enemies of all shapes and sizes will challenge players to face their fears when they explore The Orb Vallis and face-off with the prophet of profit.
- Ride a Hoverboard – Blaze across the wide open Venusian landscape by piloting the Bondi K-Drive. Call up this handy customizable hoverboard and quickly glide, jump, and trick across a variety of terrain.
- Join the Conservation Movement – Switch your mindset from blast-happy mercenary to friendly savior. The strange, wonderful animals of the Vallis are going extinct. Explore the new world of Fortuna and apply your new skills to track, lure, and capture them for relocation.
The talented sound team at DE has engineered an alien-tech soundscape of eerie effects and ominous music that set the sonic tone for an incredibly rich experience, and they are joined by renowned sound composer Keith Power who has returned with an upbeat, hum-out-loud musical intro of Fortuna unlike anything you have heard before.
Digital Extremes’ newest expansion is part of a grander vision. In addition to the open-world expansion of Fortuna, a separate future update takes Warframe down a totally uncharted path. ‘Codename: Railjack’ will enable 1-4 players to board a warship on land and ascend into space to explore and fight!
Players will coordinate responsibilities across the military spacecraft to engage in PvE combat against hostile enemies. The full space experience grants extensive player freedom with options to launch Archwings into space to board, infiltrate and destroy enemy ships during battles. This future update looks to create a cohesive gameplay experience between Warframe‘s open Landscapes, procedurally generated levels, and a new outer-space freedom in a unique sci-fi world.
Key Features in ‘Codename: Railjack’ include:
- Fly Seamlessly into Space – All new to Warframe, Digital Extremes’ ‘Codename: Railjack’ gives Tenno a trans-planet warship to band together with other friendly Tenno and seamlessly transition from the open Fortuna landscape to space combat!
- Coordinate Your Space Crew – Pilot the ship and over the whole battle, man a turret, manage the shields, make repairs, and work as a team to capture and conquer other hostile spacecraft.
- Archwing Attack: Go on the offensive by dispatching Archwings for onboarding attacks. Take out enemy cannons and board enemy ships to confront and eliminate swarming soldiers. Take out their core reactors, eliminate their crew, and emerge victorious!
Digital Extremes also announced a number of other exciting news bits in its hour-long show:
- Two New Warframes: Tenno can look forward to Codename ‘Revenant’, an Eidolon-themed Warframe with a deadly affliction, and codename ‘Garuda’, a vicious, gory Warframe that plays with her prey.
- The New War : Digital Extremes hinted at what to expect in the next chapter of its Cinematic Quest series.
- Community-driven Creativity: Quick, did you miss it? During the debut of Fortuna, Digital Extremes featured its valued TennoGen partners’ cosmetic creations as part of its ongoing relationship with its community members.
- Exclusive Amazon Prime Day Bundle: As part of the Amazon Prime Day celebrations, starting July 12, Digital Extremes announced the continuation of its marketing partnership to give away cool Warframe stuff featuring an exclusive Liset Skin and an exclusive Color Picker (must be Twitch Prime members to claim).
- For Our Community: Following its tradition to support and contribute to its local community, Digital Extremes donated $200,000 CAD to this year’s charity partner, Canada Learning Code, which teaches digital skills to women, girls, people with disabilities, indigenous youth, and newcomers. For more information on Canada Learning Code’s education vision and programs, head to www.canadalearningcode.ca/.
Would you like to join the Warframe community? Head to our forums to start a conversation. Check our official website at www.warframe.com. To keep up with the latest updates from the development team, be sure to follow Warframe on Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world’s top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games’ multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal, Unreal Tournament – and all its iterations – Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of more than 38 million registered players on PC, PS4™ and Xbox One. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
As always, don’t forget to like our Facebook Page, join our Facebook Group and follow us on Twitter to stay up to date with all of the latest News, Blogs, and more. And if that’s not enough, why not follow us on Twitch as well.