Destiny Chronicles will be relaunching on Kickstarter with a playable demo build in about 1-2 months from now. By a massive coincidence, it seems a new preview video has also been revealed. The video showcases some general combat gameplay footage. Inspired by classic action JRPGs, Destiny Chronicles is an action role-playing game about a squire named Celeste who begins a journey to prove herself worthy of becoming a true knight. Her quest takes her far from her home, across the continent in pursuit of a thief whose actions stem from a sinister plot.
Its character-driven plot focuses on the interactions between Celeste and her companions as they hunt down the thief. Our goal is to make the game lighthearted and humorous, yet still tell a compelling story. Destiny Chronicles features an exciting and fast-paced action combat system like that of Kingdom Hearts and Celeste’s fighting style can be customized to suit your playstyle with a talent tree and upgrade system.
For centuries, the Ashen Order has protected the people of Darencia from monsters. Celeste, a young squire training to join the knighthood, is sent to the forest village of Ornwood to prove herself worthy by retrieving an ancient artifact that has corrupted the forest.
When a mysterious young woman steals the artifact before Celeste can take it, she fails her initiation. Determined to prove herself, Celeste leaves home to find the thief, reclaim the artifact, and become a knight.
But the outside world is much different than the isolated society Celeste grew up in, and she joins forces with the mercenary Valana and the researcher mage Ruby. Their journey takes them across a continent filled with mysterious ruins, remnants of an ancient civilization that crumbled ages ago. No one knows who they were or why they fell, and the stolen artifact is one of the few remaining relics from their era.
The more Celeste sees of the world, the more she questions not only her mission, but also the role of the knighthood. Is it right for them to remain separate from the rest of the world? Do they protect people as much as they claim, or have they prioritized the artifacts they seek above the lives of the people they claim to protect?
One thing is certain: the woman who took the artifact is no ordinary thief, and the stolen artifact is only the tip of a dark plot. A mysterious destiny ties them together, and this journey will change Celeste’s life forever.
- Character-Driven Story – As Celeste travels across the continent with her companions Valana and Ruby, they’ll learn more about the world and its history, as well as a sinister plot about to unfold.
- Exciting, Dynamic Battles – Take on a variety of enemies with an exciting action combat system. Plan your battles, unleash special attacks, and devastate your foes.
- Beautiful, Mysterious World – Explore fields, towns, and dungeons across a strange world still haunted by its elusive past.
- Customization – Use an expansive talent tree to customize Celeste’s fighting style.
- Quests – In addition to the main story, side quests and optional activities allow you to further explore the world and characters of Destiny Chronicles. Dig deeper into the lore, help the people you meet, and join your party members as they resolve their personal struggles.
- Party Interactions – The three main characters learn and change throughout their journey and humorous banter fills their interactions as they come to know each other. Optional conversations add greater depth to their friendship.
- Enchanting – Upgrade your gear and boost your skills by enchanting them with magical relics.
For more info visit HERE
As always, don’t forget to like and join our Facebook Page/Group, and follow us on Twitter to stay up to date with all of the latest News, Blogs, and more. And if that’s not enough, why not follow us on Twitch or Instagram as well.