Buka Entertainment and LUDUS FUTURE are pleased to announce that Demon Skin is coming to PC on 13 April, followed by releases on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch later this year.
A brutal 2D hack-and-slash game with a challenging combat system, Demon Skin plunges you into a harsh dark fantasy world to test your will and your skills against deadly environments and towering foes. Do you have what it takes to survive?
Accept a position amongst the Order of Wanderers and become an axe-tossing, realm-crossing, boss-bossing brute locked in battle with hordes of demons and their sinister masters. A war god in all but name, as a Wanderer you must parry incoming strikes, dodge traps and out-sprint annihilation in hostile worlds. Stay on the front foot by targeting chinks in enemy armour via an intuitive combat stance system, then pillage demon corpses for weapons to unleash devastating new combos.
The story of Demon Skin’s creation is almost as hardcore as the journey facing its Wanderer protagonist. Project lead Denis Listov first came up with the game’s plan back in 2014, and with no prior development experience to brandish he taught himself programming, visual design and animations in his free time. Since then Listov has faced off against numerous development foes: transitioning from 2D visuals to 3D models, switching game engines, rebrandings, claiming the long-lost treasure of Investor Funding only to see that gleaming chalice slip out of reach, and even the setback of injury from a motion capture session.
“Everyone told me that if I want to do something right, I have to learn how to do it by myself. That to create a game I’d have to master programming, animation and other stuff as well. Not to mention other development tasks that needed to be done. Sure, I could have started with something less complicated, but this game was the only thing I could think about!” said Denis Listov, lead game designer at LUDUS FUTURE.
- Sophisticated combat system. Improve your skills by mastering various stances for lightning-fast parrying and inflicting maximum damage with spectacular finishing moves! Keep an eye on the level of stamina and other indicators of the character’s physical condition – all these features directly affect the outcome of the battle.
- An extensive skill tree. Gain experience to learn new combos and enhance health, stamina, and attack power.
- Dozens of enemy types. From skeletons, zombies, and spiders to werewolves, lizards, and golems – fighting each of them requires a different approach.
- Huge arsenal for killing monsters. There are more than 30 types of edged and blunt weapons at your disposal and each type is only effective against a certain type of enemies. You can even destroy enemies with your bare hands – it’s not as effective but still a lot of fun.
- Secrets and artifacts. Some rare and ancient artifact weapons are hidden in the secret places of the game world. Find it to unlock the impressive super skills after achieving a certain level.
- A demon on the outside, a demon within. Collect shards of Crystal and become even stronger, build up your bone armour and turn into a fearsome demon.
- Gloomy landscapes in the spirit of dark fantasy. From the icy wastelands and deep dungeons to the twilight forests and abodes of the undead. This cruel world lives a life of its own, but terrifying creatures that inhabit it are not always hostile. On your way, you will not only meet enemies but also powerful allies.
Demon Skin will be available on PC on 13 April, and is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch later in 2021.
Don’t forget to add Demon Skin to your Steam Wishlist.
Make sure you stick with Any Button Gaming for the latest gaming news, reviews, and features from around the world.
And if you want to show your allegiance to ABG, you’ll be happy to know we have our own merch! All proceeds go to helping fund the site.
Gamer, dad and supporter of @SpecialEffect Charity. Dark Souls fan and gooner!