After nearly 10 years of development, Flying Squirrel Entertainment will deploy Battle Cry of Freedom down into the trenches of Steam on 1st March 2022 for $19.99 (€19.99).
Fight as either the Union or the Confederacy in this action-packed multiplayer title developed by the Mount & Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars developers. Cadets can experience the brutal real-time first and third-person combat firsthand with an exclusive demo during Steam NextFest on February 21st – 28th, 2022.
This special sneak peek will also support up to 500 players per server for large-scale warfare!
Battle Cry of Freedom – Release Date Announcement Trailer
Scream Aim Fire
Load the cannons, prepare to aim, aaannnddd fire! Choose your side and play across unique maps inspired by key battle locations across the American frontier.
Customize your soldier’s uniform with historically accurate details, right down to the thread and button count. Become an Infantryman, Engineer, Artillerist, or even a Fiffer to turn the tide of battle in your favor!
Players will be able to create their own maps for reenactments or combat by using accessible modding tools with options to configure the time of day, weather effects, custom loadouts, and seasons!
Also, a new mode called Commander Battles will allow soldiers to lead their own company of AI-controlled troops with unique commands. With up to 1000 bots supported in a match, be sure to prepare for many casualties! What kind of war stories will you make?
- Accurate mid-19th century weapons, uniforms, and environments.
- Massive multiplayer battles with up to 500 players simultaneously fighting each other on the same battlefield.
- A wide range of artillery pieces ranging from field cannons to mortars, capable of firing a variety of missiles such as canisters, explosive shells, case shots, solid shots, bolts, and more. – all fully controllable by players.
- Construct barricades, dig trenches, and rig explosives.
- Destructible environments; players can use a range of cannons, axes, and explosives to destroy various buildings, bridges, walls, trees, and other structures.
- Special musician units with drums, fifes, bugles, banjos, violins, or pianos able to play historically accurate tunes; all recorded and played by award-winning musicians.
- More than 50 classical and folk background music tracks.
- Wage war on more than 14 maps all across North America or play on a Randomly Generated map.
- Create your own maps with the included easy-to-learn but powerful Scene Editor.
- Participate in the community and enlist with a Regiment (Clan) to take part in massive, organized battles with players re-enacting historically accurate tactics of the Civil War Era.
- Over 120 server settings allow you to personalize every detail of the game.
Speed Level Design – Battle Cry of Freedom
Be sure to check out the many development blogs on Steam, to learn more about its unique game modes and uniform customization!
Be sure to stick with Any Button Gaming and our partners at Stush Gaming for the latest gaming news, reviews, and features from around the world.
And if you wanna show your allegiance to ABG, you’ll be happy to know we have our own merch! All proceeds go to helping fund the site.
Don’t forget to drop us a comment down below.