Call of Duty: Modern Warfare dropped a new patch on January 22nd, 2020.
Of note was the addition of a new weapon, the Crossbow. After being teased in posters found out multiplayer maps and discovered by data miners, the weapon is now officially confirmed.
Hold on to your horses, this update is a whopper.
The update comes in at 18.4GB on Xbox One, 13.2GB on PlayStation 4, and finally 48GB of space on PC. Therefore, its gonna take some time to download.
The gun is free for all players and platforms, but not without putting in some work. You will need to get at least 5 kills in 25 different matches. Additionally, you’ll need to use a loadout with a marksman rifle equipped with Reflex Optic sight.
Below is a video from YouTuber mason featuring gameplay with the new weapon;
Other Patch Notes
Some of the other tweaks came in the form of weapon balances and bug fixes. Listed below are a few of the major ones;
- Fixed a bug where the 1mW Laser would not appear equipped on the 1911 pistol while in the Gunsmith menu
- M4A1 Blueprint “OG” ADS position moved forward.
- Changing the magazine capacity from 45 to 50 for the RAM-7 extended magazine.
- Increasing the bullet penetration of the MK2 Carbine
- Less horizontal recoil on the initial bullets of the FN Scar-17
- Changed the way stats are displayed for stocks to be more consistent with other attachments (this is for the graphs only, not the actual stats)
The rest of the patch notes can be found here.
As always, make sure you stick with Any Button Gaming for the latest gaming news and features from around the world. To hear more of our latest updates, why not follow us on social media? We’re on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.