Beyond Mankind, the new epic Action RPG from Brytenwalda, the team responsible for the Viking Conquest DLC for Mount & Blade, has finally an official release date: 31st of August.
The game will be released on Steam for PC, Linux, and Mac.
The game has been delayed from the May release mainly to complete the work of the voice actors and to include localization in seven languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and Chinese).
Think Fallout meets Spec Ops: The Line
Beyond Mankind is an Action RPG taking place in a post-apocalyptic world sporting a mature and deep narrative, rich exploration, tense combat and immersive RPG mechanics.
An Action RPG that follows a carefully-crafted mature narrative, pitching the player in front of an existential dilemma faced by humankind.
It’s 2121, and Earth is in the hands of a new branch of humans. You’re implanted memories of a past world, are at the center of a plot to regain the planet.
Create your character and embark on a mission to help human civilization, which is currently exiled off-world. You will be part of H.O.P.E., an elite military unit at the vanguard of a war to recover Earth. Starting under the ruins of what once was the town of Avalon on the island of Santa Catalina. From there, you will embark on an epic journey that will test both your character and ability.
As you play, you will face unexpected challenges with surprising solutions. Social interaction within the game is deep, and you will develop personality-based kinship, loyalty, and even romance with other characters.
A Living and Breathing World
Beyond Mankind places importance not only on the player’s interaction but also the narrative, which is the fabric that keeps a game world together.
NPCs are a fundamental tool to achieve both objectives. You can talk, persuade, intimidate, or flirt with them.
They are the ones who weave the story in which the player is immersed, and the player’s decisions affect their lives, sometimes literally.
Beyond Mankind offers unique character creation. You are a H.O.P.E. soldier, and you begin your journey like all the others: created with genetic hacks and grown in a Techno-Womb at the H.O.P.E. base on Santa Catalina.
You will create your character by selecting chromosome combination, ancestral subspecies, effects of diet and climate, culture, and skills. It’s an unprecedented and deeper process than your average Action RPG.
- Intriguing and dark narrative – Beyond Mankind provides a unique experience in which you will discover a post-apocalyptic world through the main story and secondary quests shaped by your decisions.
- A rich and dynamic world – Help human civilization, exiled in space, avoid extinction while exploring an Earth devastated by nuclear war.
- Unique character generation – Create a character based on DNA and culture selection, then accumulate experience to improve your abilities.
- Complex social interactions – Experience personality-based kinship, loyalty, and romance with other characters.
- Real dilemmas – Face problems that may not always have a completely positive solution, let alone an obvious one.
- Challenging survival mechanics – Explore, collect or hunt for food, craft tools, light fires for cooking and warmth, and construct a shelter. Above all, monitor your psychological state.
- 3D inventory management – Pick your resources at your camp. Storage space is limited, so choosing well can make the difference between life and death.
A New Dominant Species
In the year 2121, Earth is in the last stages of a nuclear winter. A new species dominates the frozen landscape of ruined cities and devastation. The new megafauna, quickly evolving in the cold and radiation, has made the world even more dangerous.
The remnants of civilization are faced with an existential dilemma: whether to keep hope in humankind and embark on an uncertain war to regain Earth, or to simply accept the slow extinction of a failed species.
Visionaries emerge, but it is far from clear whether following them will lead to glory or destruction. The species is at a crossroads, and the consequences of all options seem dire.
It is into this relentless, frozen, and violent world that you awaken, newly born of the Techno-Womb and engineered for success, with implanted memories from a century before.
You could be just one more of the hundreds that rummage through the ruins for lost treasures or tirelessly train for a war that may never come, but fate holds a surprise that will change everything.
Add Beyond Mankind: The Awakening to your Steam Wishlist now ahead of its 31st August 2021 release date.
Be sure to stick with Any Button Gaming and our partners at Stush Gaming for the latest gaming news, reviews, and features from around the world.
And if you wanna show your allegiance to ABG, you’ll be happy to know we have our own merch! All proceeds go to helping fund the site.
Don’t forget to drop us a comment down below.
Human, friend to the animals and serial procrastinator.
Pessimistic Pompey fan and chocolate addict.
@Zeus_Eagle on Twitter