Astral Ascent is a 2D platformer rogue-lite set in a modern fantasy world. As one (or two in local co-op) of 4 Heroes with colorful personalities, you must escape from the Garden, an astral prison guarded by 12 powerful and vicious bosses: The Zodiacs!
Started late 2019, Astral Ascent is the new project of Hibernian Workshop. This is a small indie game studio founded by self-taught developers, that previously released Dark Devotion. As for their previous project the game has a Kickstarter campaign with promising reveals.
- SPELL-BUILDING GAME: Find dozens of spells which you can combine and improve with modificators. This creates deadly combos which you will discover during each new run.
- 12 ALMIGHTY BOSSES: The Zodiacs are 12 experienced guardians dispatched over 4 gorgeous worlds. They’ll bring to the battlefield distinct attacks, abilities, and patterns, as well as backstories to uncover.
- 4 UNFORGETTABLE HEROES: The game provides 4 remarkable characters with totally different gameplays to discover. Each of one of them come with a powerful story to tell!
- A BEAUTIFUL MODERN FANTASY WORLD: Dash across gigantic landscapes. Explore original and hand-crafted areas. Discover the world created by our artists, with a gorgeous art and frame-by-frame animation.
- DONT GO ALONE: Is the weight of destiny too heavy to carry by yourself? Don’t worry and bring a friend to play in our 2-player co-op mode. Fight and crush your enemies together in local co-op or online using the Steam’s Remote Play Together feature.
Astral Ascent has no official release date currently other than 2022. It will be released on PC, PlayStation and Nintendo Switch.
Source: Hiberian Workshop
Make sure you stick with Any Button Gaming for the latest gaming news, reviews, and features from around the world.
And if you want to show your allegiance to ABG, you’ll be happy to know we have our own merch! All proceeds go to helping fund the site.
Can’t shoot straight, don’t understand maps, shocking memory &…. what was I saying….! 🤔
I am a Content Creator who also Live Streams. I love playing video games, talking about video games and I also write about them as I am an editor for a gaming magazine.
What genre of game do I play? Indie games & story driven games mostly.
Other than that my time is taken up being a Mamma. Yes, I am half Italian and you will find the odd Italian word or phrase being dropped into my streams. Particularly when I become excited 😎
Too many games not enough time!