Age of Darkness: Final Stand is a dark fantasy survival RTS where you must illuminate, build and defend humanity’s last bastion against hordes of Nightmares. Developed by PlaySide and Published by Team 17 and is available now on PC on early access.
Set in the remnants of a kingdom consumed by a deadly fog. Brace yourself against huge tidal waves of Nightmares and claim back territory from The Veil as you build the last bastion of humanity. Led by powerful heroes, turn the tide of desperate battles as you muster your forces and earn your blessings.
The darkness is an entity of evil. Some say it is the manifestation of human fear and nightmares, others say it is a wandering mass of damned souls haunting us. The origin of the darkness itself is unknown, but one thing for certain is that we can keep it at bay through the power of light and fire.
Borrowing from the the roguelite genre, Malices are random afflictions placed on the player during every Death Night, unravelling the best made plans. Conversely, if a Death Night is survived, you may decide between three randomly selected Blessings, enriching the experience and giving your army a much needed edge.
- ‘SwarmTech’ allowing for over 70,000 swarming AI units on screen at any time
- Build defenses against thousands of enemies during Death Nights
- Day & Night transitions, expand by day, hunt by night
- Unique Heroes to level up and micro-manage to gain an edge against the dark
- Living Death Fog system that grows and recoils from the light
- Randomized Malices & Blessings to make every survival unique
- Multi-faceted Skill Tree system to progress through for your Units
- Wandering Elite Nightmares that may ambush your party and drop precious Dark Essence
- Horror and Embolden based status effects which may curse or aid your troops
- Special Nightmare units, Spitters, Crushers, and Wraiths that test your combat skills
Not for the faint hearted!
Make sure you stick with Any Button Gaming for the latest gaming news, reviews, and features from around the world.
And if you want to show your allegiance to ABG, you’ll be happy to know we have our own merch! All proceeds go to helping fund the site.
Can’t shoot straight, don’t understand maps, shocking memory &…. what was I saying….! 🤔
I am a Content Creator who also Live Streams. I love playing video games, talking about video games and I also write about them as I am an editor for a gaming magazine.
What genre of game do I play? Indie games & story driven games mostly.
Other than that my time is taken up being a Mamma. Yes, I am half Italian and you will find the odd Italian word or phrase being dropped into my streams. Particularly when I become excited 😎
Too many games not enough time!